The 2711-T5A8 industrial terminal from PanelView 550 series by Allen Bradley-Rockwell Automation is a standard operator terminal computer with the main goal to provide an appropriate interface for the better control of the machinery. The 2711-T5A8 terminal computer features a 170 kilobytes internal memory for application runtime and it comes with Panelbuilder 32 as its default software. The 2711-T5A8 terminal has a monochrome LCD with 139.7 millimeters (5.5 inches) diagonal, backlight and touchscreen functionality for easy user input. The touchscreen of this PanelView 550 series terminal has many functionalities that the user may find useful in order to simplify operation and gain better control of the overall system. The touchscreen has 128 touch cells with 16 columns and 8 rows. These cells are allowing the initiation of functions by a simple touch on a screen. When the application is created, interactive objects presented on the screen are perfectly aligned with touch cells. The display works in a way that one or more of the 128 cells are occupied by the interactive objects on the screen. The touchscreen functionality significantly enhances the user experience and enables the user to program the system according to the needs of an application.
The 2711-T5A8 terminal has a 24 Volts DC voltage rating and it includes DH+ communication and an RS-232 port. The DH+ communication port enables connection to a PLC-5, SLC 5/04, or ControlLogix controller through DH+ link. The terminal is equipped with an RS-232 port designed for connection to a printer or for file transfer. The port is used to transfer files between a computer and the terminals such as DeviceNet, Remote I/O, DH+, DF1, EtherNet/IP, and ControlNet. In regard to physical characteristics of the terminal, its approximate shipping dimensions include a width of 355 millimeters (14 inches), a height of 279 millimeters (11 inches), and a depth of 203 millimeters (8 inches). Also, the shipping weight of the 2711-T5A8 terminal is around 2.26 kilograms (5 pounds).
Repair Services for 2711-T5A8
||Ask|| Get Quote |
We can Repair your Panelview 550
We have a team of highly trained technicians that can repair your panelview quickly at a great low price. To get a repair quote call 1-800-730-0292 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Some of the benefits of our repair process includes:
- Repair Turnaround of 3-5 Days for Most Panelviews
- Rush Repairs of 1-3 Days
- Fast Return of Your Repair via UPS, FedEx, or DHL.
- If the item is not repairable, you can choose to have it returned to you free of charge or it can be counted as an exchange credit toward a refurbished or new unit if available.
- Wide range of repairs that can be completed by our highly skilled technicians as shown below.
- Repair Capabilities:
Auto Verification and Self-Test Failures
ERROR! FEHLER! ERREUR! ERRORE!
- Error 1 STATIC RAM test
- Error 2 Terminal searching for a file to download.
- Error 10 Erase boot flash area.
- Error 11 Copy boot code
- Error 12 Boot code copy successful
- Error 13 Boot code copy failed. Check for error after boot code is copied to the onboard flash EPROM.
- Error 20 Erase firmware from flash EPROM
- Error 21 Copy firmware to firmware flash memory
- Error 22 Firmware copy successful
- Error 23 Firmware copy failed
- Error 24 Performed CRC base firmware check
- Error 25 Firmware not compatible with boot code
- Error 26 Firmware not compatible with hardware
- Error 30 Watchdog test
- Error 31 Stuck key test
- Error 32 Real time clock test
- Error 33 LCD RAM failed
- Error 34 Performed CRC extended firmware check
- Error 40 No executable code to run after boot
- Error 50 Wrong memory card format
- Error 60 CPU could not execute code
We Can Repair Your Hardware failures including:
- Communication Hardware Faults (Ethernet/IP, DH-485, DH+, ControlNet, and RS-232)
- Broken Toushcreen/Keypads
- Broken Glass
- Displays (Dead/Dim/Lines/Missing Pixels)
- Dead Backlights
- Broken Housing/Bezel
- Power Board Failures
Revisions for 2711-T5A8
Please refer to the manual for more information about the 2711-T5A8 such as the wiring diagrams, data sheets,
firmware information and migration or obsolescence details.
|Revision Part #
||Also Known as
||2711-T5A8/A, Series A, Rev A
||2711-T5A8/B, Series B, Rev B
||2711-T5A8/C, Series C, Rev C
||2711-T5A8/D, Series D, Rev D
||2711-T5A8/E, Series E, Rev E
||2711-T5A8/F, Series F, Rev F
||2711-T5A8/G, Series G, Rev G
||2711-T5A8/H, Series H, Rev H
||2711-T5A8/X, Series X, Rev X
The 2711-T5A8 has several firmware revisions: 2711-T5A8 FRN 1.02, 2711-T5A8 FRN 1.03, 2711-T5A8 FRN 1.06, 2711-T5A8 FRN 1.07, 2711-T5A8 FRN 2.00, 2711-T5A8 FRN 2.01, 2711-T5A8 FRN 3.00, 2711-T5A8 FRN 3.01, 2711-T5A8 FRN 3.13, 2711-T5A8 FRN 3.14, 2711-T5A8 FRN 3.30, 2711-T5A8 FRN 3.40, 2711-T5A8 FRN 4.00, 2711-T5A8 FRN 4.10, 2711-T5A8 FRN 4.20, 2711-T5A8 FRN 4.41, 2711-T5A8 FRN 4.46, and 2711-T5A8 FRN 4.48