The PanelView 550 series is an obsolete family of Allen Bradley PanelViews; one of these, the 2711-B5A10, is an AC-power run module with a number of efficient features, including its dual-input functionality, featuring both a touchscreen input and a keypad. The keypad on this unit has a numeric keypad and arrow keys, along with its 10-key function keypad, marked F1 through F10. All of these keys are finished with a domed-membrane effect and set into a stainless-steel frame. The touchscreen on the 2711-B5A10 unit is also its output display: with a 5.5 inch diagonal length, this monochrome blue LCD screen has a 1-million-press actuation, allowing for extensive use. The backlight in this module can stay active for around 100,000 hours before becoming unserviceable. The PanelBuilder32 software, which runs on the 2711-B5A10, is an easily-navigated software, often used on a personal computer as well.
This module communicates using built-in ports, of which this module has two types: the RS-232 Printer port, and the DeviceNet communication port. Both of these ports require a 2711-NC13 cable or cables to physically connect them to the desired network. The 2711-B5A10 usually consumes close to 0.76 Amperes at a 24 Volt DC power (18 Watts) while being powered by an input voltage between 18 and 30 Volts DC. The 2711-B5A10 also dissipates around 20 Watts of power, or 69 BTU per hour. Generally, the 2711-B5A10 can withstand a shock of up to 30 g while the module is operating; when non-operational, the 2711-B5A10 can handle up to 50 G. Its temperature rating fluctuate between 0 to 55 degrees Celsius while operating (32 to 131 degrees Fahrenheit) and -20 to 70 degrees Celsius while not operational (-4 to 158 degrees Celsius). To avoid early deterioration of this PanelView, mount it at an altitude that is or lower than or equal to 6,561 feet (2000 meters).
FAQ for 2711-B5A10
Question: What kind of memory storage does this module contain?
Answer: The 2711-B5A10 contains an application memory of 170 kilobytes in addition to 240 kilobytes of nonvolatile RAM.
Question: Does the 2711-B5A10 have an option for additional external memory?
Answer: Yes, the 2711-B5A10 has a memory card slot in the rear of the module, which supports an ATA type memory card.
Question: How can information be put into the 2711-B5A10 module?
Answer: The 2711-B5A10 has both a touchscreen and a keypad for the user to input information.
Question: How many hours of life can this unit’s backlight handle?
Answer: This module’s backlight has around 100,000 hours of life in it before needing a replacement.
Question: Can this module’s backlight be replaced?
Answer: Yes, this module’s backlight replacement can be ordered with the catalog number 2711-NL1.
Question: Does DO Supply offer an option to order the 2711-B5A10L1 with a warranty?
Answer: Yes, DO Supply offers a one-year DO Supply warranty with the purchase of the 2711-B5A10L1.
Question: Can the 2711-B5A10L1 be repaired if it malfunctions?
Answer: DO Supply offers a variety of repair options. Please view the tab listed below or contact us for more information.
Repair Services for 2711-B5A10
||$651||Add to Cart |
We can Repair your Panelview 550
We have a team of highly trained technicians that can repair your panelview quickly at a great low price. To get a repair quote call 1-800-730-0292 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Some of the benefits of our repair process includes:
- Repair Turnaround of 3-5 Days for Most Panelviews
- Rush Repairs of 1-3 Days
- Fast Return of Your Repair via UPS, FedEx, or DHL.
- If the item is not repairable, you can choose to have it returned to you free of charge or it can be counted as an exchange credit toward a refurbished or new unit if available.
- Wide range of repairs that can be completed by our highly skilled technicians as shown below.
- Repair Capabilities:
Auto Verification and Self-Test Failures
ERROR! FEHLER! ERREUR! ERRORE!
- Error 1 STATIC RAM test
- Error 2 Terminal searching for a file to download.
- Error 10 Erase boot flash area.
- Error 11 Copy boot code
- Error 12 Boot code copy successful
- Error 13 Boot code copy failed. Check for error after boot code is copied to the onboard flash EPROM.
- Error 20 Erase firmware from flash EPROM
- Error 21 Copy firmware to firmware flash memory
- Error 22 Firmware copy successful
- Error 23 Firmware copy failed
- Error 24 Performed CRC base firmware check
- Error 25 Firmware not compatible with boot code
- Error 26 Firmware not compatible with hardware
- Error 30 Watchdog test
- Error 31 Stuck key test
- Error 32 Real time clock test
- Error 33 LCD RAM failed
- Error 34 Performed CRC extended firmware check
- Error 40 No executable code to run after boot
- Error 50 Wrong memory card format
- Error 60 CPU could not execute code
We Can Repair Your Hardware failures including:
- Communication Hardware Faults (Ethernet/IP, DH-485, DH+, ControlNet, and RS-232)
- Broken Toushcreen/Keypads
- Broken Glass
- Displays (Dead/Dim/Lines/Missing Pixels)
- Dead Backlights
- Broken Housing/Bezel
- Power Board Failures
Revisions for 2711-B5A10
Please refer to the manual for more information about the 2711-B5A10 such as the wiring diagrams, data sheets,
firmware information and migration or obsolescence details.
|Revision Part #
||Also Known as
||2711-B5A10/A, Series A, Rev A
||2711-B5A10/B, Series B, Rev B
||2711-B5A10/C, Series C, Rev C
||2711-B5A10/D, Series D, Rev D
||2711-B5A10/E, Series E, Rev E
||2711-B5A10/F, Series F, Rev F
||2711-B5A10/G, Series G, Rev G
||2711-B5A10/H, Series H, Rev H
||2711-B5A10/X, Series X, Rev X
The 2711-B5A10 has several firmware revisions: 2711-B5A10 FRN 1.02, 2711-B5A10 FRN 1.03, 2711-B5A10 FRN 1.06, 2711-B5A10 FRN 1.07, 2711-B5A10 FRN 2.00, 2711-B5A10 FRN 2.01, 2711-B5A10 FRN 3.00, 2711-B5A10 FRN 3.01, 2711-B5A10 FRN 3.13, 2711-B5A10 FRN 3.14, 2711-B5A10 FRN 3.30, 2711-B5A10 FRN 3.40, 2711-B5A10 FRN 4.00, 2711-B5A10 FRN 4.10, 2711-B5A10 FRN 4.20, 2711-B5A10 FRN 4.41, 2711-B5A10 FRN 4.46, and 2711-B5A10 FRN 4.48