Allen Bradley’s PanelView 550 series is a series of rugged PanelViews, designed with a variety of user input options to allow a user to interface with a machine. The 2711-B5A10L1 specifically is a dual-input type module, containing both a keypad input and a touchscreen option. This module’s one-million-press touchscreen is also the unit’s display, with its 5 and ½ inch blue monochrome LCD screen acting as both an input tool and an output display. The user can input information through this unit’s keypad as well, with its domed-membrane-finished keys that are set in a durable, stainless steel bezel. This keypad has 10 function keys (F1 through F10), along with arrow keys and a numeric keypad. The 2711-B5A10L1 uses the software PanelBuilder32, making its internal programming system easy to navigate. In addition, this PanelBuilder software can also be run on a personal computer.
This module’s communication requirements are met with its RS-232 and DeviceNet ports, which do require a 2711-NC13 cable or cables to actually connect to the network. On 18 to 30 Volts of DC input power, the 2711-B5A10L1 will usually consume around 18 Watts of power (or 0.76 Amps at 24 Volts DC). It dissipates nearly the same wattage, with its Heat dissipation being retained around 20 Watts (or 69 BTU per hour). While operating, the 2711-B5A10L1 should not be subjected to more than 30 g of shock, or 50 g if non-operational. This PanelView Terminal has specific temperature requirements, for both its “On” state and its “Off” state. While operating it, keep the 2711-B5A10L1 at a temperature between 32 and 131 degrees Fahrenheit (0 to 55 degrees Celsius). When storing this module, ensure that the surrounding temperature is between -4 and 158 degrees Fahrenheit (-20 to 70 degrees Celsius). To avoid early deterioration of this PanelView, mount it at or lower than 6,561 feet (2000 meters).
FAQ for 2711-B5A10L1
Question: What does this module’s memory consist of?
Answer: The 2711-B5A10L1 has an application memory of 170 KB in addition to 240 KB of nonvolatile RAM.
Question: Does the 2711-B5A10L1 have any external memory options?
Answer: Yes, the 2711-B5A10L1 has a rear memory card slot, which supports an ATA memory card.
Question: What type of input is the 2711-B5A10L1 equipped with?
Answer: The 2711-B5A10L1 has both a touchscreen input option and a keypad input option.
Question: How many hours of life does this unit’s backlight average?
Answer: This module’s backlight averages around 100,000 hours of life before needing a replacement.
Question: Can this module’s backlight be replaced?
Answer: Yes, this module’s backlight replacement can be ordered with the catalog number 2711-NL1.
Question: Does DO Supply offer an option to order the 2711-B5A10L1 with a warranty?
Answer: Yes, DO Supply offers a 12-month DO Supply warranty with a purchase of the 2711-B5A10L1.
Question: What are my options for repairs if the 2711-B5A10L1 malfunctions?
Answer: DO Supply offers a variety of repair options. Please view the tab listed below or contact us for more information.
Repair Services for 2711-B5A10L1
||$1299||Add to Cart |
We can Repair your Panelview 550
We have a team of highly trained technicians that can repair your panelview quickly at a great low price. To get a repair quote call 1-800-730-0292 or email [email protected]. Some of the benefits of our repair process includes:
- Repair Turnaround of 3-5 Days for Most Panelviews
- Rush Repairs of 1-3 Days
- Fast Return of Your Repair via UPS, FedEx, or DHL.
- If the item is not repairable, you can choose to have it returned to you free of charge or it can be counted as an exchange credit toward a refurbished or new unit if available.
- Wide range of repairs that can be completed by our highly skilled technicians as shown below.
- Repair Capabilities:
Auto Verification and Self-Test Failures
ERROR! FEHLER! ERREUR! ERRORE!
- Error 1 STATIC RAM test
- Error 2 Terminal searching for a file to download.
- Error 10 Erase boot flash area.
- Error 11 Copy boot code
- Error 12 Boot code copy successful
- Error 13 Boot code copy failed. Check for error after boot code is copied to the onboard flash EPROM.
- Error 20 Erase firmware from flash EPROM
- Error 21 Copy firmware to firmware flash memory
- Error 22 Firmware copy successful
- Error 23 Firmware copy failed
- Error 24 Performed CRC base firmware check
- Error 25 Firmware not compatible with boot code
- Error 26 Firmware not compatible with hardware
- Error 30 Watchdog test
- Error 31 Stuck key test
- Error 32 Real time clock test
- Error 33 LCD RAM failed
- Error 34 Performed CRC extended firmware check
- Error 40 No executable code to run after boot
- Error 50 Wrong memory card format
- Error 60 CPU could not execute code
We Can Repair Your Hardware failures including:
- Communication Hardware Faults (Ethernet/IP, DH-485, DH+, ControlNet, and RS-232)
- Broken Toushcreen/Keypads
- Broken Glass
- Displays (Dead/Dim/Lines/Missing Pixels)
- Dead Backlights
- Broken Housing/Bezel
- Power Board Failures
Revisions for 2711-B5A10L1
Please refer to the manual for more information about the 2711-B5A10L1 such as the wiring diagrams, data sheets,
firmware information and migration or obsolescence details.
|Revision Part #
||Also Known as
||2711-B5A10L1/A, Series A, Rev A
||2711-B5A10L1/B, Series B, Rev B
||2711-B5A10L1/C, Series C, Rev C
||2711-B5A10L1/D, Series D, Rev D
||2711-B5A10L1/E, Series E, Rev E
||2711-B5A10L1/F, Series F, Rev F
||2711-B5A10L1/G, Series G, Rev G
||2711-B5A10L1/H, Series H, Rev H
||2711-B5A10L1/X, Series X, Rev X
The 2711-B5A10L1 has several firmware revisions: 2711-B5A10L1 FRN 1.02, 2711-B5A10L1 FRN 1.03, 2711-B5A10L1 FRN 1.06, 2711-B5A10L1 FRN 1.07, 2711-B5A10L1 FRN 2.00, 2711-B5A10L1 FRN 2.01, 2711-B5A10L1 FRN 3.00, 2711-B5A10L1 FRN 3.01, 2711-B5A10L1 FRN 3.13, 2711-B5A10L1 FRN 3.14, 2711-B5A10L1 FRN 3.30, 2711-B5A10L1 FRN 3.40, 2711-B5A10L1 FRN 4.00, 2711-B5A10L1 FRN 4.10, 2711-B5A10L1 FRN 4.20, 2711-B5A10L1 FRN 4.41, 2711-B5A10L1 FRN 4.46, and 2711-B5A10L1 FRN 4.48
Reviews for 2711-B5A10L1
Input Method: Touchscreen and Keypad
"This Panelview 550 allows you to utilize both the touch and a Keypad for easier access and data input. " -DO Supply Tech