The 2711-B5A14L1 is an obsolete Allen Bradley PanelView 550 that allows the user to interface with their machine, through a keypad and a touchscreen. This unit’s 5.5 inch touchscreen display in blue monochrome allows users to input information, as well as to view data and interface with the machine. This HMI allows the user to connect using Panelbuilder 32 software; its Modbus Communication port and RS-232 Printer Port allows this unit to connect to a network through a required 2711-NC13 communication cable or cables. The 2711-B5A14L1 PanelView is powered using 24 Volts DC power. Its 170 KB application runtime memory and 240 KB nonvolatile memory allows it to store information and programs, and the memory card slot on the backside of the module allows for an additional external memory option.
The LED backlight that illuminates the front of the 2711-B5A14L1 has around 100,00 hours of life before it usually needs to be replaced by the part 2711-NL1. Its keypad has a domed membrane finish, and the frame is made of stainless steel, making it a durable and rugged module. In addition, this module’s time-stamping clock operates on batteries, which can be easily replaced in the field. The approximate shipping weight and dimensions of this module are 6 pounds and 14 x 11 x 8 inches. Its most common series are A to H and can usually be found with firmware revisions of 1.00, all the way up to 4.48. This module should be mounted at or lower than 6,561 feet to prevent it from disintegrating. When in storage, the temperature surrounding this module should be kept between -25 and 70 degrees Celsius. While operating, keep the 2711-B5A14L1 PanelView in a temperature zone between 0 and 55 degrees Celsius.
FAQ for 2711-B5A14L1
Question: Does the 2711-B5A14L1 have a touchscreen input or a keypad input?
Answer: The 2711-B5A14L1 has both a touchscreen and a keypad for user input purposes.
Question: What type of enclosure should the 2711-B5A14L1 be kept it?
Answer: The 2711-B5A14L1 is rated for an IEC IP54, IP65, NEMA Type 12/13, or NEMA Type 4X enclosure. Any of the above can protect the 2711-B5A14L1, although the Type 4X is exclusively for indoor use.
Question: How long does this unit’s backlight last?
Answer: On average, the 2711-B5A14L1 backlight has a lifespan around 100,000 hours.
Question: Can this unit’s backlight be replaced?
Answer: Yes, the 2711-B5A14L1 has a backlight replacement part that corresponds to the number 2711-NL1.
Question: What kind of software runs on the 2711-B5A14L1?
Answer: The 2711-B5A14L1 runs the PanelBuilder32 software, a software that can also be run on a user’s personal computer.
Question: Where can I send this module for repairs if it malfunctions?
Answer: DO Supply offers a variety of repair services for the 2711-B5A14L. Please see the tab below, or contact us for more information.
Question: Does the 2711-B5A14L1 come with a warranty?
Answer: Yes, DO Supply offers a complimentary one-year warranty with the purchase of the 2711-B5A14L1 PanelView.
Repair Services for 2711-B5A14L1
||Ask|| Get Quote |
We can Repair your Panelview 550
We have a team of highly trained technicians that can repair your panelview quickly at a great low price. To get a repair quote call 1-800-730-0292 or email [email protected]. Some of the benefits of our repair process includes:
- Repair Turnaround of 3-5 Days for Most Panelviews
- Rush Repairs of 1-3 Days
- Fast Return of Your Repair via UPS, FedEx, or DHL.
- If the item is not repairable, you can choose to have it returned to you free of charge or it can be counted as an exchange credit toward a refurbished or new unit if available.
- Wide range of repairs that can be completed by our highly skilled technicians as shown below.
- Repair Capabilities:
Auto Verification and Self-Test Failures
ERROR! FEHLER! ERREUR! ERRORE!
- Error 1 STATIC RAM test
- Error 2 Terminal searching for a file to download.
- Error 10 Erase boot flash area.
- Error 11 Copy boot code
- Error 12 Boot code copy successful
- Error 13 Boot code copy failed. Check for error after boot code is copied to the onboard flash EPROM.
- Error 20 Erase firmware from flash EPROM
- Error 21 Copy firmware to firmware flash memory
- Error 22 Firmware copy successful
- Error 23 Firmware copy failed
- Error 24 Performed CRC base firmware check
- Error 25 Firmware not compatible with boot code
- Error 26 Firmware not compatible with hardware
- Error 30 Watchdog test
- Error 31 Stuck key test
- Error 32 Real time clock test
- Error 33 LCD RAM failed
- Error 34 Performed CRC extended firmware check
- Error 40 No executable code to run after boot
- Error 50 Wrong memory card format
- Error 60 CPU could not execute code
We Can Repair Your Hardware failures including:
- Communication Hardware Faults (Ethernet/IP, DH-485, DH+, ControlNet, and RS-232)
- Broken Toushcreen/Keypads
- Broken Glass
- Displays (Dead/Dim/Lines/Missing Pixels)
- Dead Backlights
- Broken Housing/Bezel
- Power Board Failures
Revisions for 2711-B5A14L1
Please refer to the manual for more information about the 2711-B5A14L1 such as the wiring diagrams, data sheets,
firmware information and migration or obsolescence details.
|Revision Part #
||Also Known as
||2711-B5A14L1/A, Series A, Rev A
||2711-B5A14L1/B, Series B, Rev B
||2711-B5A14L1/C, Series C, Rev C
||2711-B5A14L1/D, Series D, Rev D
||2711-B5A14L1/E, Series E, Rev E
||2711-B5A14L1/F, Series F, Rev F
||2711-B5A14L1/G, Series G, Rev G
||2711-B5A14L1/H, Series H, Rev H
||2711-B5A14L1/X, Series X, Rev X
The 2711-B5A14L1 has several firmware revisions: 2711-B5A14L1 FRN 1.02, 2711-B5A14L1 FRN 1.03, 2711-B5A14L1 FRN 1.06, 2711-B5A14L1 FRN 1.07, 2711-B5A14L1 FRN 2.00, 2711-B5A14L1 FRN 2.01, 2711-B5A14L1 FRN 3.00, 2711-B5A14L1 FRN 3.01, 2711-B5A14L1 FRN 3.13, 2711-B5A14L1 FRN 3.14, 2711-B5A14L1 FRN 3.30, 2711-B5A14L1 FRN 3.40, 2711-B5A14L1 FRN 4.00, 2711-B5A14L1 FRN 4.10, 2711-B5A14L1 FRN 4.20, 2711-B5A14L1 FRN 4.41, 2711-B5A14L1 FRN 4.46, and 2711-B5A14L1 FRN 4.48