The 2711-B5A15 is an obsolete PanelView by Allen Bradley; this operator interface PanelView is a touchscreen and keypad input module. With both a touchscreen and a keypad to input information, this unit is a versatile interface option. Its touchscreen doubles as a 5.5 inch display in a blue monochrome color scheme, while its stainless-steel keypad has domed membrane keys with ten function keys, marked F1 through F10, along with a numeric keypad and navigation keys. This module’s software, the PanelBuilder32 software, is designed to simplify this module’s interface system. This 2711-B5A15 HMI (Human-Module Interface) has an RS-232 Printer port and a ControlNet communication port, allowing this module to connect to a network through a 2711-NC13 communication cable. Its application runtime memory of 170 kilobytes, paired with its 240 kilobyte nonvolatile RAM memory, allow the module to retain a certain amount of data, while this module’s memory card slot allows the insertion of an additional ATA memory card, for external memory storage.
The 2711-B5A15 PanelView is powered by 120 Volts of AC power. The LED backlight that lights up the display and keys on the face of this module should be replaced by the part number 2711-NL1 after about 100,000 hours. This module also contains a time-stamping clock, whose batteries should be periodically replaced, and which can be replaced in the field. The approximate shipping weight and dimensions of the 2711-B5A15 are 6 pounds and 14 x 11 x 8 inches. The most common Series are A through H, while the most common firmware include revisions 1.00 all the way through 4.48.
FAQ for 2711-B5A15
Question: Does this module have a keypad input or a touchscreen input?
Answer: The 2711-B5A15 can receive input data and commands through both a keypad and a touchscreen.
Question: What enclosure should the 2711-B5A15 be kept in?
Answer: The 2711-B5A15 is rated for NEMA Type 12, 13, and 4X enclosures, as well as IEC IP54 and IP65 enclosures.
Question: Can the 2711-B5A15 be sent back for repairs?
Answer: DO Supply offers a variety of repair services. Please see the tab below or contact us for more details.
Question: Does this module require any additional parts to connect to a network?
Answer: Yes, this module requires a 2711-NC13 cable or cables to connect to a network through its built-in ports.
Question: What kind of ports are built in on the 2711-B5A15?
Answer: The 2711-B5A15 contains both a ControlNet communication port and an RS-232 Printer port.
Question: What does this module’s memory consist of?
Answer: The 2711-B5A15 has 170 KB of application runtime and 240 KB of nonvolatile RAM memory.
Question: Is there an option to purchase the 2711-B5A15 with a warranty?
Answer: The 2711-B5A15 will come with a one-year DO Supply warranty.
Repair Services for 2711-B5A15
||$937||Add to Cart |
We can Repair your Panelview 550
We have a team of highly trained technicians that can repair your panelview quickly at a great low price. To get a repair quote call 1-800-730-0292 or email email@example.com. Some of the benefits of our repair process includes:
- Repair Turnaround of 3-5 Days for Most Panelviews
- Rush Repairs of 1-3 Days
- Fast Return of Your Repair via UPS, FedEx, or DHL.
- If the item is not repairable, you can choose to have it returned to you free of charge or it can be counted as an exchange credit toward a refurbished or new unit if available.
- Wide range of repairs that can be completed by our highly skilled technicians as shown below.
- Repair Capabilities:
Auto Verification and Self-Test Failures
ERROR! FEHLER! ERREUR! ERRORE!
- Error 1 STATIC RAM test
- Error 2 Terminal searching for a file to download.
- Error 10 Erase boot flash area.
- Error 11 Copy boot code
- Error 12 Boot code copy successful
- Error 13 Boot code copy failed. Check for error after boot code is copied to the onboard flash EPROM.
- Error 20 Erase firmware from flash EPROM
- Error 21 Copy firmware to firmware flash memory
- Error 22 Firmware copy successful
- Error 23 Firmware copy failed
- Error 24 Performed CRC base firmware check
- Error 25 Firmware not compatible with boot code
- Error 26 Firmware not compatible with hardware
- Error 30 Watchdog test
- Error 31 Stuck key test
- Error 32 Real time clock test
- Error 33 LCD RAM failed
- Error 34 Performed CRC extended firmware check
- Error 40 No executable code to run after boot
- Error 50 Wrong memory card format
- Error 60 CPU could not execute code
We Can Repair Your Hardware failures including:
- Communication Hardware Faults (Ethernet/IP, DH-485, DH+, ControlNet, and RS-232)
- Broken Toushcreen/Keypads
- Broken Glass
- Displays (Dead/Dim/Lines/Missing Pixels)
- Dead Backlights
- Broken Housing/Bezel
- Power Board Failures
Revisions for 2711-B5A15
Please refer to the manual for more information about the 2711-B5A15 such as the wiring diagrams, data sheets,
firmware information and migration or obsolescence details.
|Revision Part #
||Also Known as
||2711-B5A15/A, Series A, Rev A
||2711-B5A15/B, Series B, Rev B
||2711-B5A15/C, Series C, Rev C
||2711-B5A15/D, Series D, Rev D
||2711-B5A15/E, Series E, Rev E
||2711-B5A15/F, Series F, Rev F
||2711-B5A15/G, Series G, Rev G
||2711-B5A15/H, Series H, Rev H
||2711-B5A15/X, Series X, Rev X
The 2711-B5A15 has several firmware revisions: 2711-B5A15 FRN 1.02, 2711-B5A15 FRN 1.03, 2711-B5A15 FRN 1.06, 2711-B5A15 FRN 1.07, 2711-B5A15 FRN 2.00, 2711-B5A15 FRN 2.01, 2711-B5A15 FRN 3.00, 2711-B5A15 FRN 3.01, 2711-B5A15 FRN 3.13, 2711-B5A15 FRN 3.14, 2711-B5A15 FRN 3.30, 2711-B5A15 FRN 3.40, 2711-B5A15 FRN 4.00, 2711-B5A15 FRN 4.10, 2711-B5A15 FRN 4.20, 2711-B5A15 FRN 4.41, 2711-B5A15 FRN 4.46, and 2711-B5A15 FRN 4.48