The Allen-Bradley 2711-B5A16 is an obsolete operator terminal in the PanelView 550 series of Human-Interface Machines or HMIs. The 2711-B5A16 interfaces with and controls other machines with its LCD, touchscreen, keypad, and communication ports. The LCD has blue monochrome graphics that are pixelated. The touchscreen and keypad make entering data and machine commands easy. The communication ports that the 2711-B5A16 comes with are an RS-232 Printer and Download Communication Port and an RS-232 (DF1) Communication Port, which uses the Allen-Bradley 2711-NC13 cables. The 2711-B5A16 has HMI support for all Allen-Bradley programmable controllers regardless of the series they come in. The Allen-Bradley 2711-B5A16 HMI terminal comes in Series A, B, C, D, E, F, G, and H.
The 2711-B5A16 HMI terminal is certified for operation in Class I Zone 2, Class I Division 2, Class II Division 2, and in Class III Division 1 industrial environments. It is protected by a NEMA Type 12, 13, or 4X enclosure, but it is only meant for indoor operation. The 2711-B5A16 is certified for operation in several countries by the CE, CUL, and UL standards. The dimensions of the 2711-B5A16 are 14 x 11 x 8 inches, the dimensions of its keypad are 7 x 10 x 4 inches, and the dimensions of its touchscreen are 6 x 7 x 3 inches. It can support a stainless steel bezel, an antiglare shield for the screen, and an ATA PC memory card. Other convenient features include screen security settings, a real-time clock, alarm functionality, and support for floating point files.
FAQ for 2711-B5A16
Question: What series does the 2711-B5A16 come in?
Answer: The 2711-B5A16 comes in Series A through Series H.
Question: What type of input does the 2711-B5A16 have?
Answer: The 2711-B5A16 has a keypad and a touchscreen for input.
Question: What type of display does the 2711-B5A16 have?
Answer: The 2711-B5A16 has a blue mode monochrome LCD as its display.
Question: What communication ports does the 2711-B5A16 have?
Answer: The 2711-B5A16 has an RS-232 Printer and Download Communication Port and an RS-232 (DF1) Communication Port.
Question: What is the price of the 2711-B5A16?
Answer: Submit a quote request, send us an email at [email protected], or give us a call at 1-800-730-0292 for our best price.
Repair Services for 2711-B5A16
||$990||Add to Cart |
We can Repair your Panelview 550
We have a team of highly trained technicians that can repair your panelview quickly at a great low price. To get a repair quote call 1-800-730-0292 or email [email protected]. Some of the benefits of our repair process includes:
- Repair Turnaround of 3-5 Days for Most Panelviews
- Rush Repairs of 1-3 Days
- Fast Return of Your Repair via UPS, FedEx, or DHL.
- If the item is not repairable, you can choose to have it returned to you free of charge or it can be counted as an exchange credit toward a refurbished or new unit if available.
- Wide range of repairs that can be completed by our highly skilled technicians as shown below.
- Repair Capabilities:
Auto Verification and Self-Test Failures
ERROR! FEHLER! ERREUR! ERRORE!
- Error 1 STATIC RAM test
- Error 2 Terminal searching for a file to download.
- Error 10 Erase boot flash area.
- Error 11 Copy boot code
- Error 12 Boot code copy successful
- Error 13 Boot code copy failed. Check for error after boot code is copied to the onboard flash EPROM.
- Error 20 Erase firmware from flash EPROM
- Error 21 Copy firmware to firmware flash memory
- Error 22 Firmware copy successful
- Error 23 Firmware copy failed
- Error 24 Performed CRC base firmware check
- Error 25 Firmware not compatible with boot code
- Error 26 Firmware not compatible with hardware
- Error 30 Watchdog test
- Error 31 Stuck key test
- Error 32 Real time clock test
- Error 33 LCD RAM failed
- Error 34 Performed CRC extended firmware check
- Error 40 No executable code to run after boot
- Error 50 Wrong memory card format
- Error 60 CPU could not execute code
We Can Repair Your Hardware failures including:
- Communication Hardware Faults (Ethernet/IP, DH-485, DH+, ControlNet, and RS-232)
- Broken Toushcreen/Keypads
- Broken Glass
- Displays (Dead/Dim/Lines/Missing Pixels)
- Dead Backlights
- Broken Housing/Bezel
- Power Board Failures
Revisions for 2711-B5A16
Please refer to the manual for more information about the 2711-B5A16 such as the wiring diagrams, data sheets,
firmware information and migration or obsolescence details.
|Revision Part #
||Also Known as
||2711-B5A16/A, Series A, Rev A
||2711-B5A16/B, Series B, Rev B
||2711-B5A16/C, Series C, Rev C
||2711-B5A16/D, Series D, Rev D
||2711-B5A16/E, Series E, Rev E
||2711-B5A16/F, Series F, Rev F
||2711-B5A16/G, Series G, Rev G
||2711-B5A16/H, Series H, Rev H
||2711-B5A16/X, Series X, Rev X
The 2711-B5A16 has several firmware revisions: 2711-B5A16 FRN 1.02, 2711-B5A16 FRN 1.03, 2711-B5A16 FRN 1.06, 2711-B5A16 FRN 1.07, 2711-B5A16 FRN 2.00, 2711-B5A16 FRN 2.01, 2711-B5A16 FRN 3.00, 2711-B5A16 FRN 3.01, 2711-B5A16 FRN 3.13, 2711-B5A16 FRN 3.14, 2711-B5A16 FRN 3.30, 2711-B5A16 FRN 3.40, 2711-B5A16 FRN 4.00, 2711-B5A16 FRN 4.10, 2711-B5A16 FRN 4.20, 2711-B5A16 FRN 4.41, 2711-B5A16 FRN 4.46, and 2711-B5A16 FRN 4.48
Reviews for 2711-B5A16
Input Method: Touchscreen and Keypad
"The Allen Bradley Panelview allows you to utilize both the Touchscreen and a Keypad to enter commands. " -DO Supply Tech