Although it is obsolete, the Allen-Bradley 2711-B5A16L1 operator terminal is still serviceable and still available from DO Supply. The 2711-B5A16L1 is part of Allen-Bradley’s obsolete PanelView 550 series of operator terminals. It is an HMI or a Human-Machine Interface that allows users and programmers to interact with other machines digitally through the PanelBuilder 32 software and physically through one or more Allen-Bradley 2711-NC13 cables and the 2711-B5A16L1’s RS-232 Printer and Download Port and its RS-232 (DF1) Communication Port. Users and programmers can use the 2711-B5A16L1 HMI operator terminal to control the machine it is interfacing with by entering data and commands through its touchscreen or through its keypad. Users can also monitor the machine’s applications through the 2711-B5A16L1 terminal’s LCD screen. This LCD measures 5.5 inches and its pixel graphics are monochrome blue mode. The 2711-B5A16L1 is a DC-powered terminal that runs on 24V DC. It can store up to 170 KB of data in its application runtime memory. The 2711-B5A16L1 terminal supports floating point files, a real-time clock, universal language, and ASCII input and displays, and it is capable of remote downloading with a network or a gateway connection. The 2711-B5A16L1 HMI terminal is rated for indoor use only and it can be protected inside a NEMA Type 12, 13, or 4X indoor-rated enclosure. This terminal is certified by the C-tick, CE, Class I Division 2, Class I Zone 2, Class II Division 2, Class III Division 1, CUL, and UL specifications for safe operation in a variety of industrial environments in several countries.
FAQ for 2711-B5A16L1
Question: What type of display does the 2711-B5A16L1 have?
Answer: The 2711-B5A16L1 has a blue mode monochrome LCD as its display type.
Question: What is the 2711-B5A16L1’s memory capacity?
Answer: The 2711-B5A16L1’s memory capacity is 170 KB of application runtime memory.
Question: What is the 2711-B5A16L1’s operating voltage?
Answer: The 2711-B5A16L1’s operating voltage is 24V DC.
Question: What type of communication ports does the 2711-B5A16L1 have?
Answer: The 2711-B5A16L1 has an RS-232 (DF1) Communication Port and an RS-232 Printer and Download Port.
Question: What is the price of the 2711-B5A16L1?
Answer: Submit a quote request, send us an email, or call us at 1-800-730-0292 for our best price.
Repair Services for 2711-B5A16L1
||$945||Add to Cart |
We can Repair your Panelview 550
We have a team of highly trained technicians that can repair your panelview quickly at a great low price. To get a repair quote call 1-800-730-0292 or email [email protected]. Some of the benefits of our repair process includes:
- Repair Turnaround of 3-5 Days for Most Panelviews
- Rush Repairs of 1-3 Days
- Fast Return of Your Repair via UPS, FedEx, or DHL.
- If the item is not repairable, you can choose to have it returned to you free of charge or it can be counted as an exchange credit toward a refurbished or new unit if available.
- Wide range of repairs that can be completed by our highly skilled technicians as shown below.
- Repair Capabilities:
Auto Verification and Self-Test Failures
ERROR! FEHLER! ERREUR! ERRORE!
- Error 1 STATIC RAM test
- Error 2 Terminal searching for a file to download.
- Error 10 Erase boot flash area.
- Error 11 Copy boot code
- Error 12 Boot code copy successful
- Error 13 Boot code copy failed. Check for error after boot code is copied to the onboard flash EPROM.
- Error 20 Erase firmware from flash EPROM
- Error 21 Copy firmware to firmware flash memory
- Error 22 Firmware copy successful
- Error 23 Firmware copy failed
- Error 24 Performed CRC base firmware check
- Error 25 Firmware not compatible with boot code
- Error 26 Firmware not compatible with hardware
- Error 30 Watchdog test
- Error 31 Stuck key test
- Error 32 Real time clock test
- Error 33 LCD RAM failed
- Error 34 Performed CRC extended firmware check
- Error 40 No executable code to run after boot
- Error 50 Wrong memory card format
- Error 60 CPU could not execute code
We Can Repair Your Hardware failures including:
- Communication Hardware Faults (Ethernet/IP, DH-485, DH+, ControlNet, and RS-232)
- Broken Toushcreen/Keypads
- Broken Glass
- Displays (Dead/Dim/Lines/Missing Pixels)
- Dead Backlights
- Broken Housing/Bezel
- Power Board Failures
Revisions for 2711-B5A16L1
Please refer to the manual for more information about the 2711-B5A16L1 such as the wiring diagrams, data sheets,
firmware information and migration or obsolescence details.
|Revision Part #
||Also Known as
||2711-B5A16L1/A, Series A, Rev A
||2711-B5A16L1/B, Series B, Rev B
||2711-B5A16L1/C, Series C, Rev C
||2711-B5A16L1/D, Series D, Rev D
||2711-B5A16L1/E, Series E, Rev E
||2711-B5A16L1/F, Series F, Rev F
||2711-B5A16L1/G, Series G, Rev G
||2711-B5A16L1/H, Series H, Rev H
||2711-B5A16L1/X, Series X, Rev X
The 2711-B5A16L1 has several firmware revisions: 2711-B5A16L1 FRN 1.02, 2711-B5A16L1 FRN 1.03, 2711-B5A16L1 FRN 1.06, 2711-B5A16L1 FRN 1.07, 2711-B5A16L1 FRN 2.00, 2711-B5A16L1 FRN 2.01, 2711-B5A16L1 FRN 3.00, 2711-B5A16L1 FRN 3.01, 2711-B5A16L1 FRN 3.13, 2711-B5A16L1 FRN 3.14, 2711-B5A16L1 FRN 3.30, 2711-B5A16L1 FRN 3.40, 2711-B5A16L1 FRN 4.00, 2711-B5A16L1 FRN 4.10, 2711-B5A16L1 FRN 4.20, 2711-B5A16L1 FRN 4.41, 2711-B5A16L1 FRN 4.46, and 2711-B5A16L1 FRN 4.48