The 2711-B5A2 is an obsolete Allen-Bradley PanelView Standard 550 Terminal. The Allen-Bradley 2711-B5A2 is an operator terminal that allows the users to interface with machines. This operator terminal is an HMI or a Human-Machine Interface. The user can control the HMI unit by using both the keypad and the touchscreen that is included with the operator terminal to enter information, data, and commands in the HMI. This 2711-B5A2 terminal has a 5.5-inch monochrome blue mode LCD for its HMI screen. This screen displays data in high-performance blue pixel graphics. The screen can be protected by an antiglare overlay. Users can connect the 2711-B5A2 to other Allen-Bradley devices by using Panelbuilder 32 software and DH-485 Communication Ports with at least one 1747-C10 communication cable. Depending on its function, the 2711-B5A2 operator terminal can use accessories like a stainless steel bezel and a function key legend.
The 2711-B5A2 PanelView Standard 550 Terminal is powered using AC power and it has an internal memory of 170KB. This unit glows with a long-lived internal backlight that can be replaced if necessary. The replacement part number for this backlight is 2711-NL1. It has an approximate shipping weight of 6 pounds and approximates shipping dimensions of 14 x 11 x 8 inches. The keypad’s dimensions are 7 x 10 x 4 inches and the touchscreens dimensions are 6 x 7 x 3 inches. Though the Allen-Bradley 2711-B5A2 PanelView Standard 550 HMI terminal is obsolete and discontinued, DO Supply continues to sell replacement 2711-B5A2 units.
FAQ for 2711-B5A2
Question: What type of lamp goes in the 2711-B5A2?
Answer: The 2711-B5A2 Series A through Series F have a halogen backlight lamp. The Allen-Bradley part number for the Panelview 550 Lamp is 2711-NL1.
Question: What series modifications can the 2711-B5A2 come with?
Answer: This part has modifications for Series A through Series H of this Panelview 550, including the 2711-B5A2/H and 2711-B5A2/F.
Questions: What are the instructions for installing the 2711-B5A2?
Answer: This Panelview 550 is installed using 6 mounting hardware nuts that come with the unit. The complete installation instruction for the 2711-B5A2 can be found in the user manual and datasheet.
Question: Can this module be purchased with a warranty?
Answer: Yes, the 2711-B5A2 comes with a free one-year warranty from DO Supply, Inc
Question: What kind of display does the 2711-B5A2 have?
Answer: The 2711-B5A2 has a monochrome blue mode LCD for its display.
Question: Where can I send the 2711-B5A2 to be repaired?
Answer: DO Supply, Inc. offers a variety of repair services for the 2711-B5A2.
Repair Services for 2711-B5A2
||$1131||Add to Cart |
We can Repair your Panelview 550
We have a team of highly trained technicians that can repair your panelview quickly at a great low price. To get a repair quote call 1-800-730-0292 or email [email protected]. Some of the benefits of our repair process includes:
- Repair Turnaround of 3-5 Days for Most Panelviews
- Rush Repairs of 1-3 Days
- Fast Return of Your Repair via UPS, FedEx, or DHL.
- If the item is not repairable, you can choose to have it returned to you free of charge or it can be counted as an exchange credit toward a refurbished or new unit if available.
- Wide range of repairs that can be completed by our highly skilled technicians as shown below.
- Repair Capabilities:
Auto Verification and Self-Test Failures
ERROR! FEHLER! ERREUR! ERRORE!
- Error 1 STATIC RAM test
- Error 2 Terminal searching for a file to download.
- Error 10 Erase boot flash area.
- Error 11 Copy boot code
- Error 12 Boot code copy successful
- Error 13 Boot code copy failed. Check for error after boot code is copied to the onboard flash EPROM.
- Error 20 Erase firmware from flash EPROM
- Error 21 Copy firmware to firmware flash memory
- Error 22 Firmware copy successful
- Error 23 Firmware copy failed
- Error 24 Performed CRC base firmware check
- Error 25 Firmware not compatible with boot code
- Error 26 Firmware not compatible with hardware
- Error 30 Watchdog test
- Error 31 Stuck key test
- Error 32 Real time clock test
- Error 33 LCD RAM failed
- Error 34 Performed CRC extended firmware check
- Error 40 No executable code to run after boot
- Error 50 Wrong memory card format
- Error 60 CPU could not execute code
We Can Repair Your Hardware failures including:
- Communication Hardware Faults (Ethernet/IP, DH-485, DH+, ControlNet, and RS-232)
- Broken Toushcreen/Keypads
- Broken Glass
- Displays (Dead/Dim/Lines/Missing Pixels)
- Dead Backlights
- Broken Housing/Bezel
- Power Board Failures
Revisions for 2711-B5A2
Please refer to the manual for more information about the 2711-B5A2 such as the wiring diagrams, data sheets,
firmware information and migration or obsolescence details.
|Revision Part #
||Also Known as
||2711-B5A2/A, Series A, Rev A
||2711-B5A2/B, Series B, Rev B
||2711-B5A2/C, Series C, Rev C
||2711-B5A2/D, Series D, Rev D
||2711-B5A2/E, Series E, Rev E
||2711-B5A2/F, Series F, Rev F
||2711-B5A2/G, Series G, Rev G
||2711-B5A2/H, Series H, Rev H
||2711-B5A2/X, Series X, Rev X
The 2711-B5A2 has several firmware revisions: 2711-B5A2 FRN 1.02, 2711-B5A2 FRN 1.03, 2711-B5A2 FRN 1.06, 2711-B5A2 FRN 1.07, 2711-B5A2 FRN 2.00, 2711-B5A2 FRN 2.01, 2711-B5A2 FRN 3.00, 2711-B5A2 FRN 3.01, 2711-B5A2 FRN 3.13, 2711-B5A2 FRN 3.14, 2711-B5A2 FRN 3.30, 2711-B5A2 FRN 3.40, 2711-B5A2 FRN 4.00, 2711-B5A2 FRN 4.10, 2711-B5A2 FRN 4.20, 2711-B5A2 FRN 4.41, 2711-B5A2 FRN 4.46, and 2711-B5A2 FRN 4.48