The 2711-B5A3 unit by Allen Bradley is an obsolete Operator Terminal Panelview, primarily applied to HMI operations (Human Module Interface), to allow the user to interface smoothly with a machine, and to input commands and data with ease. Its LCD blue monochrome display screen is 5.5 inches diagonally and doubles as a touchscreen for a wide range of user interface purposes. Additionally, the 2711-B5A3 Panelview has a keypad input as well as the touchscreen input, with a numeric keypad and function buttons ranging from F1 to F10 for extended user input. Its backlight lasts for around 100,000 hours on average, and when necessary, may be replaced by a 2711-NL1 backlight replacement part. The 2711-NL1 has a number of additional features, including a clock which is battery-backed and will timestamp the user’s essential data, along with ATA memory card support, a stainless steel membrane (domed) keypad, and an operative temperature range as high as 131 degrees Fahrenheit and as low as freezing point (32 degrees Fahrenheit.
With Panelbuilder 32 software as its primary software, the 2711-B5A3 provides a user-friendly setup and operation. It contains two ports; a DH-485 port for communication purposes, and an RS-232 Printer port. Both of these ports will require a 1747-C10 communication cable or cables for connection with a network. This module operates on 120 to 240 Volts of AC power. It contains up to 170 kilobytes of application runtime memory and has the series options of A, B, C, D, E, F, G, or H. It has a variety of firmware options as well, including firmware revisions 1.00 through 4.48. The 2711-B5A3 measures around 14 x 11 x 8 inches (355.6 x 279.4 x 203.2 millimeters) and weighs no more than 6 pounds (2.7 kilograms) when being shipped. This module is C-UL and UL certified, and CE marked for Class 1 zone 2, Class 2 Division 2, and Class 3 Division 2.
FAQ for 2711-B5A3
Question: Does this unit support any external memory options?
Answer: Yes, the 2711-B5A3 supports an ATA flash memory card.
Question: What are all the ratings for the 2711-B5A3?
Answer: In total, the 2711-B5A3 has five different ratings, which are IP54, IP64, NEMA type 12, 13, and 4X (for indoor use only).
Question: Does the 2711-B5A3 Panelview support a keypad input or a touchscreen input?
Answer: The 2711-B5A3 Panelview supports both a touchscreen input and a keypad input.
Question: When should this unit’s backlight be replaced?
Answer: This unit’s backlight has around 100,000 hours of life before it replacement is necessary.
Question: Is there a replacement part number for the 2711-B5A3 backlight?
Answer: Yes, the 2711-B5A3 backlight replacement part corresponds to the number 2711-NL1.
Question: Can the 2711-B5A3 be sent back to DO Supply for repairs?
Answer: Yes, DO Supply offers a variety of repair services. For more information, see the “Repairs” tab or contact us.
Question: Can I request a quote for the 2711-B5A3 Panelview?
Answer: Yes; use the request button above to request a quote, or contact us by phone or email to speak with a DO Supply representative.
Repair Services for 2711-B5A3
||$990||Add to Cart |
We can Repair your Panelview 550
We have a team of highly trained technicians that can repair your panelview quickly at a great low price. To get a repair quote call 1-800-730-0292 or email [email protected]. Some of the benefits of our repair process includes:
- Repair Turnaround of 3-5 Days for Most Panelviews
- Rush Repairs of 1-3 Days
- Fast Return of Your Repair via UPS, FedEx, or DHL.
- If the item is not repairable, you can choose to have it returned to you free of charge or it can be counted as an exchange credit toward a refurbished or new unit if available.
- Wide range of repairs that can be completed by our highly skilled technicians as shown below.
- Repair Capabilities:
Auto Verification and Self-Test Failures
ERROR! FEHLER! ERREUR! ERRORE!
- Error 1 STATIC RAM test
- Error 2 Terminal searching for a file to download.
- Error 10 Erase boot flash area.
- Error 11 Copy boot code
- Error 12 Boot code copy successful
- Error 13 Boot code copy failed. Check for error after boot code is copied to the onboard flash EPROM.
- Error 20 Erase firmware from flash EPROM
- Error 21 Copy firmware to firmware flash memory
- Error 22 Firmware copy successful
- Error 23 Firmware copy failed
- Error 24 Performed CRC base firmware check
- Error 25 Firmware not compatible with boot code
- Error 26 Firmware not compatible with hardware
- Error 30 Watchdog test
- Error 31 Stuck key test
- Error 32 Real time clock test
- Error 33 LCD RAM failed
- Error 34 Performed CRC extended firmware check
- Error 40 No executable code to run after boot
- Error 50 Wrong memory card format
- Error 60 CPU could not execute code
We Can Repair Your Hardware failures including:
- Communication Hardware Faults (Ethernet/IP, DH-485, DH+, ControlNet, and RS-232)
- Broken Toushcreen/Keypads
- Broken Glass
- Displays (Dead/Dim/Lines/Missing Pixels)
- Dead Backlights
- Broken Housing/Bezel
- Power Board Failures
Revisions for 2711-B5A3
Please refer to the manual for more information about the 2711-B5A3 such as the wiring diagrams, data sheets,
firmware information and migration or obsolescence details.
|Revision Part #
||Also Known as
||2711-B5A3/A, Series A, Rev A
||2711-B5A3/B, Series B, Rev B
||2711-B5A3/C, Series C, Rev C
||2711-B5A3/D, Series D, Rev D
||2711-B5A3/E, Series E, Rev E
||2711-B5A3/F, Series F, Rev F
||2711-B5A3/G, Series G, Rev G
||2711-B5A3/H, Series H, Rev H
||2711-B5A3/X, Series X, Rev X
The 2711-B5A3 has several firmware revisions: 2711-B5A3 FRN 1.02, 2711-B5A3 FRN 1.03, 2711-B5A3 FRN 1.06, 2711-B5A3 FRN 1.07, 2711-B5A3 FRN 2.00, 2711-B5A3 FRN 2.01, 2711-B5A3 FRN 3.00, 2711-B5A3 FRN 3.01, 2711-B5A3 FRN 3.13, 2711-B5A3 FRN 3.14, 2711-B5A3 FRN 3.30, 2711-B5A3 FRN 3.40, 2711-B5A3 FRN 4.00, 2711-B5A3 FRN 4.10, 2711-B5A3 FRN 4.20, 2711-B5A3 FRN 4.41, 2711-B5A3 FRN 4.46, and 2711-B5A3 FRN 4.48
Reviews for 2711-B5A3
Input Method: Touchscreen and Keypad
"The PV enables the user to control the unit with both the Touchscreen and a Keypad to enter commands. " -DO Supply Tech