Allen Bradley’s 2711-B5A3L1 unit is a Panelview 550 series operator interface terminal. This HMI (Human-Machine Interface) provides a smooth medium for a user to input information and interface with a device. With both a keypad input with ten keys labeled F1 to F10 and a touchscreen, this unit provides an extensive input system, allowing the user to enter both data and commands. This module contains a field-replaceable battery-backed clock in real time that will timestamp all important data. Its 100,000-hour life LED backlight can be replaced with a part corresponding to the number 2711-NL1, and it does support an ATA memory card.
The 2711-B5A3L1 has a monochrome blue display in LCD mode. Its diagonal length is 5.5 inches. This unit also contains a DH-485 communication port, along with an RS-232 Printer port. To connect the 2711-B5A3L1 to a network using the DH-485 port, a 1747-C10 communication cable is required. This unit uses PanelBuilder 32 software to complete applications. Its memory can be broken down to consist of 240 nonvolatile kilobytes of memory in addition to a 170-kilobyte application runtime memory.
The approximate dimensions of the 2711-B5A3L1 are 14 x 11 x 8. It weighs around 6 pounds when shipped. Generally, this module is used with the series A, B, C, D, E, F, G, and H. Its applied firmware is usually one of the revisions between 1.00 and 4.48. With a NEMA Type 12, 13, or 4X (indoor use only), enclosure, (or in some cases an IEC IP54 or IP65 enclosure), this unit can withstand up to 30 g of shock while in operation, and no more than 50 g of shock while in a nonoperative state. It should not be mounted higher than a 6561-foot altitude, in a temperature zone of 0 to 55 degrees Celsius while operating or -20 to 70 degrees Celsius in storage. The 2711-B5A3L1 has vibrations of up to 2 g at 2000 Hertz.
FAQ for 2711-B5A3L1
Question: Does the 2711-B5A3L1 have a replaceable backlight?
Answer: Yes, its LED backlight is replaceable with the part 2711-NL1.
Question: How many hours of life does this unit’s backlight have?
Answer: This unit’s backlight will generally last for 100,000 hours before requiring replacement.
Question: Does the 2711-B5A3L1 Panelview support any memory cards?
Answer: Yes, the 2711-B5A3L1 supports an ATA memory card.
Question: What type of enclosure should be used for the 2711-B5A3L1 Panelview?
Answer: The 2711-B5A3L1 requires a NEMA Type 12, 13, 4X, IEC IP54, or an IP65 type enclosure.
Question: Is this Panelview a keypad or a touchscreen input type module?
Answer: The 2711-B5A3L1 contains both a touchscreen input and a keypad input.
Repair Services for 2711-B5A3L1
||$938||Add to Cart |
We can Repair your Panelview 550
We have a team of highly trained technicians that can repair your panelview quickly at a great low price. To get a repair quote call 1-800-730-0292 or email [email protected]. Some of the benefits of our repair process includes:
- Repair Turnaround of 3-5 Days for Most Panelviews
- Rush Repairs of 1-3 Days
- Fast Return of Your Repair via UPS, FedEx, or DHL.
- If the item is not repairable, you can choose to have it returned to you free of charge or it can be counted as an exchange credit toward a refurbished or new unit if available.
- Wide range of repairs that can be completed by our highly skilled technicians as shown below.
- Repair Capabilities:
Auto Verification and Self-Test Failures
ERROR! FEHLER! ERREUR! ERRORE!
- Error 1 STATIC RAM test
- Error 2 Terminal searching for a file to download.
- Error 10 Erase boot flash area.
- Error 11 Copy boot code
- Error 12 Boot code copy successful
- Error 13 Boot code copy failed. Check for error after boot code is copied to the onboard flash EPROM.
- Error 20 Erase firmware from flash EPROM
- Error 21 Copy firmware to firmware flash memory
- Error 22 Firmware copy successful
- Error 23 Firmware copy failed
- Error 24 Performed CRC base firmware check
- Error 25 Firmware not compatible with boot code
- Error 26 Firmware not compatible with hardware
- Error 30 Watchdog test
- Error 31 Stuck key test
- Error 32 Real time clock test
- Error 33 LCD RAM failed
- Error 34 Performed CRC extended firmware check
- Error 40 No executable code to run after boot
- Error 50 Wrong memory card format
- Error 60 CPU could not execute code
We Can Repair Your Hardware failures including:
- Communication Hardware Faults (Ethernet/IP, DH-485, DH+, ControlNet, and RS-232)
- Broken Toushcreen/Keypads
- Broken Glass
- Displays (Dead/Dim/Lines/Missing Pixels)
- Dead Backlights
- Broken Housing/Bezel
- Power Board Failures
Revisions for 2711-B5A3L1
Please refer to the manual for more information about the 2711-B5A3L1 such as the wiring diagrams, data sheets,
firmware information and migration or obsolescence details.
|Revision Part #
||Also Known as
||2711-B5A3L1/A, Series A, Rev A
||2711-B5A3L1/B, Series B, Rev B
||2711-B5A3L1/C, Series C, Rev C
||2711-B5A3L1/D, Series D, Rev D
||2711-B5A3L1/E, Series E, Rev E
||2711-B5A3L1/F, Series F, Rev F
||2711-B5A3L1/G, Series G, Rev G
||2711-B5A3L1/H, Series H, Rev H
||2711-B5A3L1/X, Series X, Rev X
The 2711-B5A3L1 has several firmware revisions: 2711-B5A3L1 FRN 1.02, 2711-B5A3L1 FRN 1.03, 2711-B5A3L1 FRN 1.06, 2711-B5A3L1 FRN 1.07, 2711-B5A3L1 FRN 2.00, 2711-B5A3L1 FRN 2.01, 2711-B5A3L1 FRN 3.00, 2711-B5A3L1 FRN 3.01, 2711-B5A3L1 FRN 3.13, 2711-B5A3L1 FRN 3.14, 2711-B5A3L1 FRN 3.30, 2711-B5A3L1 FRN 3.40, 2711-B5A3L1 FRN 4.00, 2711-B5A3L1 FRN 4.10, 2711-B5A3L1 FRN 4.20, 2711-B5A3L1 FRN 4.41, 2711-B5A3L1 FRN 4.46, and 2711-B5A3L1 FRN 4.48