The obsolete Allen-Bradley Panelview 550 2711-K5A12L1 is an operator interface terminal that allows the user to interface with bigger machines. This operator terminal is an HMI or a human-machine interface device which has a 5.5 in. monochrome LCD blue mode display. This HMI allows the user to connect to external devices by using the Panelbuilder 32 software and by using a Profibus Communication port with one or more 2711-NC13 communication cables. The user is able to control the unit by using its 10-key function keypad that has function keys labeled from F1 to F10 to input information and commands. This unit is powered using 24V DC power. This unit has the following internal memory: 170 KB of application runtime. This unit has an internal backlight that can be replaced. Its replacement part number is 2711-NL1. The approximate shipping weight and dimensions of the 2711-K5A12L1 HMI operator terminal are 6 lbs and 14 x 11 x 8 inches, respectively. The most common series for the 2711-K5A12L1 Panelview 550 terminal are Series A, B, C, D, E, F, G, and H. The most common firmware that the terminal runs includes Firmware Versions 1.00-4.48.
The Allen-Bradley 2711-K5A12L1 HMI operator terminal interfaces with other machines and controls their functions through the Machine Edition of the FactoryTalk View Studio software. The FactoryTalk software can store and convert imported Panelview and Panelbuilder 32 applications by means of the FactoryTalk Import Wizard. The Import Wizard makes importing and converting data easy with its step-by-step instructions and its quick and simple data conversion.
FAQ for 2711-K5A12L1
Question: What is the 2711-K5A12L1 HMI terminal’s input type?
Answer: The 2711-K5A12L1 HMI terminal’s input type is a 10-key keypad.
Question: What is the 2711-K5A12L1 HMI terminal’s memory capacity?
Answer: The 2711-K5A12L1 HMI terminal’s memory capacity is 170 KB of application runtime.
Question: What is the 2711-K5A12L1 HMI terminal’s input power?
Answer: The 2711-K5A12L1 HMI terminal’s input power is 24V DC.
Question: Does the 2711-K5A12L1 HMI terminal have a replaceable backlight?
Answer: Yes, the 2711-K5A12L1 HMI terminal has a replaceable backlight with a part number of 2711-NL1.
Question: What type of communication cable can the 2711-K5A12L1 HMI terminal use?
Answer: The 2711-K5A12L1 HMI terminal can use the 2711-NC13 communication cable.
Repair Services for 2711-K5A12L1
||Ask|| Get Quote |
We can Repair your Panelview 550
We have a team of highly trained technicians that can repair your panelview quickly at a great low price. To get a repair quote call 1-800-730-0292 or email [email protected]. Some of the benefits of our repair process includes:
- Repair Turnaround of 3-5 Days for Most Panelviews
- Rush Repairs of 1-3 Days
- Fast Return of Your Repair via UPS, FedEx, or DHL.
- If the item is not repairable, you can choose to have it returned to you free of charge or it can be counted as an exchange credit toward a refurbished or new unit if available.
- Wide range of repairs that can be completed by our highly skilled technicians as shown below.
- Repair Capabilities:
Auto Verification and Self-Test Failures
ERROR! FEHLER! ERREUR! ERRORE!
- Error 1 STATIC RAM test
- Error 2 Terminal searching for a file to download.
- Error 10 Erase boot flash area.
- Error 11 Copy boot code
- Error 12 Boot code copy successful
- Error 13 Boot code copy failed. Check for error after boot code is copied to the onboard flash EPROM.
- Error 20 Erase firmware from flash EPROM
- Error 21 Copy firmware to firmware flash memory
- Error 22 Firmware copy successful
- Error 23 Firmware copy failed
- Error 24 Performed CRC base firmware check
- Error 25 Firmware not compatible with boot code
- Error 26 Firmware not compatible with hardware
- Error 30 Watchdog test
- Error 31 Stuck key test
- Error 32 Real time clock test
- Error 33 LCD RAM failed
- Error 34 Performed CRC extended firmware check
- Error 40 No executable code to run after boot
- Error 50 Wrong memory card format
- Error 60 CPU could not execute code
We Can Repair Your Hardware failures including:
- Communication Hardware Faults (Ethernet/IP, DH-485, DH+, ControlNet, and RS-232)
- Broken Toushcreen/Keypads
- Broken Glass
- Displays (Dead/Dim/Lines/Missing Pixels)
- Dead Backlights
- Broken Housing/Bezel
- Power Board Failures
Revisions for 2711-K5A12L1
Please refer to the manual for more information about the 2711-K5A12L1 such as the wiring diagrams, data sheets,
firmware information and migration or obsolescence details.
|Revision Part #
||Also Known as
||2711-K5A12L1/A, Series A, Rev A
||2711-K5A12L1/B, Series B, Rev B
||2711-K5A12L1/C, Series C, Rev C
||2711-K5A12L1/D, Series D, Rev D
||2711-K5A12L1/E, Series E, Rev E
||2711-K5A12L1/F, Series F, Rev F
||2711-K5A12L1/G, Series G, Rev G
||2711-K5A12L1/H, Series H, Rev H
||2711-K5A12L1/X, Series X, Rev X
The 2711-K5A12L1 has several firmware revisions: 2711-K5A12L1 FRN 1.02, 2711-K5A12L1 FRN 1.03, 2711-K5A12L1 FRN 1.06, 2711-K5A12L1 FRN 1.07, 2711-K5A12L1 FRN 2.00, 2711-K5A12L1 FRN 2.01, 2711-K5A12L1 FRN 3.00, 2711-K5A12L1 FRN 3.01, 2711-K5A12L1 FRN 3.13, 2711-K5A12L1 FRN 3.14, 2711-K5A12L1 FRN 3.30, 2711-K5A12L1 FRN 3.40, 2711-K5A12L1 FRN 4.00, 2711-K5A12L1 FRN 4.10, 2711-K5A12L1 FRN 4.20, 2711-K5A12L1 FRN 4.41, 2711-K5A12L1 FRN 4.46, and 2711-K5A12L1 FRN 4.48