The 2711-K5A16 unit is an obsolete Panelview 550 Terminal that is manufactured by Allen Bradley. This interface module contains an RS-232 DF1 communication port, as well as an RS-232 Printer and Download port. Its memory type is a 170 kilobyte RAM memory with a 240-kilobyte nonvolatile memory. This module is capable of triggering alarms and sending alarm banners to the display screen. This feature allows the module to alert the operators to any dangerous or fault conditions. It does contain a screen with a 5.5-inch diagonal display length and a 4.75 by 2.38-inch area. Its resolution is 256 by 128 and it has a monochrome LCD Blue display color. The screen is lit up by an LED backlight, with an average lifespan around 100,000 hours. Once the backlight needs to be replaced, a new one may be ordered with the part number 2711-NL1. Its battery powered clock will stamp important data with a date and time. The 2711-K5A16 also uses Panelbuilder 32 as its primary software, providing the user with additional flexibility.
This module’s main input is a keypad type input; while its screen can display data, it cannot in and of itself be used to input data. This module’s F1 through F10 keys allow the user to load whatever information is necessary into the module. It also contains an additional numeric keypad, for further input purposes. The 2711-K5A16 unit generally has a firmware somewhere between revision 1.00 and revision 4.48, but in order to support a 4M, 8M, or 16M ATA flash card, this module must be running revision firmware 3.0+ (a computer equipped with an ATA card drive will support the above flash cards as well). In the case that the module is installed with the correct firmware or contains the appropriate card drive, the cards may be used for file transfer, data storage, and updating purposes.
FAQ for 2711-K5A16
Question: What type of voltage does the 2711-K5A16 Panelview run on?
Answer: The 2711-K5A16 has an input voltage between 85 and 264 Volts AC, at 47 to 63 Hertz. It runs on AC power only.
Question: Does the 2711-K5A16 require a cable for connection to its ports?
Answer: Yes, the 2711-K5A16 requires a 2711-NC13 communication cable to connect with its ports.
Question: What are the dimensions of the 2711-K5A16 Panelview?
Answer: The 2711-K5A16 has shipping dimensions of 14 x 11 8 inches and a shipping weight of 6 pounds.
Question: Does the 2711-K5A16 come with a warranty?
Answer: The 2711-K5A16 comes with a one-year DO Supply warranty.
Question: How can I have the 2711-K5A16 repaired?
Answer: DO Supply offers a variety of Panelview repair services. See the “Repairs” tab below for more information.
Question: How long does this unit’s backlight last?
Answer: This unit’s backlight has an average lifespan of 100,000 hours.
Question: Is this unit’s backlight replaceable?
Answer: Yes, this unit’s backlight can be replaced by the 2711-NL1 unit.
Repair Services for 2711-K5A16
||$1220||Add to Cart |
We can Repair your Panelview 550
We have a team of highly trained technicians that can repair your panelview quickly at a great low price. To get a repair quote call 1-800-730-0292 or email [email protected]. Some of the benefits of our repair process includes:
- Repair Turnaround of 3-5 Days for Most Panelviews
- Rush Repairs of 1-3 Days
- Fast Return of Your Repair via UPS, FedEx, or DHL.
- If the item is not repairable, you can choose to have it returned to you free of charge or it can be counted as an exchange credit toward a refurbished or new unit if available.
- Wide range of repairs that can be completed by our highly skilled technicians as shown below.
- Repair Capabilities:
Auto Verification and Self-Test Failures
ERROR! FEHLER! ERREUR! ERRORE!
- Error 1 STATIC RAM test
- Error 2 Terminal searching for a file to download.
- Error 10 Erase boot flash area.
- Error 11 Copy boot code
- Error 12 Boot code copy successful
- Error 13 Boot code copy failed. Check for error after boot code is copied to the onboard flash EPROM.
- Error 20 Erase firmware from flash EPROM
- Error 21 Copy firmware to firmware flash memory
- Error 22 Firmware copy successful
- Error 23 Firmware copy failed
- Error 24 Performed CRC base firmware check
- Error 25 Firmware not compatible with boot code
- Error 26 Firmware not compatible with hardware
- Error 30 Watchdog test
- Error 31 Stuck key test
- Error 32 Real time clock test
- Error 33 LCD RAM failed
- Error 34 Performed CRC extended firmware check
- Error 40 No executable code to run after boot
- Error 50 Wrong memory card format
- Error 60 CPU could not execute code
We Can Repair Your Hardware failures including:
- Communication Hardware Faults (Ethernet/IP, DH-485, DH+, ControlNet, and RS-232)
- Broken Toushcreen/Keypads
- Broken Glass
- Displays (Dead/Dim/Lines/Missing Pixels)
- Dead Backlights
- Broken Housing/Bezel
- Power Board Failures
Revisions for 2711-K5A16
Please refer to the manual for more information about the 2711-K5A16 such as the wiring diagrams, data sheets,
firmware information and migration or obsolescence details.
|Revision Part #
||Also Known as
||2711-K5A16/A, Series A, Rev A
||2711-K5A16/B, Series B, Rev B
||2711-K5A16/C, Series C, Rev C
||2711-K5A16/D, Series D, Rev D
||2711-K5A16/E, Series E, Rev E
||2711-K5A16/F, Series F, Rev F
||2711-K5A16/G, Series G, Rev G
||2711-K5A16/H, Series H, Rev H
||2711-K5A16/X, Series X, Rev X
The 2711-K5A16 has several firmware revisions: 2711-K5A16 FRN 1.02, 2711-K5A16 FRN 1.03, 2711-K5A16 FRN 1.06, 2711-K5A16 FRN 1.07, 2711-K5A16 FRN 2.00, 2711-K5A16 FRN 2.01, 2711-K5A16 FRN 3.00, 2711-K5A16 FRN 3.01, 2711-K5A16 FRN 3.13, 2711-K5A16 FRN 3.14, 2711-K5A16 FRN 3.30, 2711-K5A16 FRN 3.40, 2711-K5A16 FRN 4.00, 2711-K5A16 FRN 4.10, 2711-K5A16 FRN 4.20, 2711-K5A16 FRN 4.41, 2711-K5A16 FRN 4.46, and 2711-K5A16 FRN 4.48