The 2711-K5A16L1 panelview is an obsolete, Allen-Bradley PanelView 550 Operator Terminal, used mainly as an HMI (Human-Machine Interface) for practical user interface during a machine application. It operates ideally in a temperature zone of 0 to 55 degrees Celsius or 32 to 131 degrees Fahrenheit. Similarly, the 2711-K5A16L1 is best stored at temperatures around -20 to 70 degrees Celsius or -4 to 158 degrees Fahrenheit. With an F1 through F10 function keypad along with a stainless steel domed membrane numeric keypad, this unit provides a smooth input system for data and commands. Its display is lit up by an internal LED backlight, which has an average lifespan of around 100,000 hours. When replacement is necessary, an LED backlight replaced may be ordered with the corresponding part number, 2711-NL1. The screen has a standard 256 x 128 resolution, with a monochrome blue LCD display screen with an area of 4.75 x 2.38 inches and a diagonal length of 5.5 inches.
The 2711-K5A16L1 Panelview uses the PanelBuilder 32 software for programming, providing a smooth and user-friendly set up for its applications. It contains an RS-232 (DF1) Communication port in addition to its RS-232 Printer/Download port. For communication and networking purposes, this unit will require a 2711-NC13 communication cable or cables to connect with its RS-232 ports. This unit is powered by DC power only, at an average of 24 Volts, and generally consumes up to 18 Watts of power. With a 170 kilobyte available internal memory, this unit also supports a number of ATA PC flash memory cards, if running a 3.0 or higher type firmware. The 2711-K5A16L1 is around 167 x 266 x 106 millimeters and weighs around 6 pounds when shipped. Generally, its applied firmware include revisions 1.00 through 4.48, and its series are usually A, B, C, D, E, F, G, and H.
FAQ for 2711-K5A16L1
Question: What type of ports are supported on the 2711-K5A16L1 Panelview?
Answer: The 2711-K5A16L1 supports an RS-232 printer and download port as well as an RS-232 (DF1) communication port.
Question: What is the lifespan of the 2711-NL1 unit’s backlight?
Answer: The 2711-NL1 LED backlight has a lifespan of 100,000 hours.
Question: Is the 2711-NL1 Panelview’s backlight replaceable?
Answer: Yes, the replacement part can be ordered with the part number 2711-NL1.
Question: Where can I have the 2711-NL1 repaired if it breaks?
Answer: DO Supply offers a limited variety of repair services for malfunctioning Allen-Bradley units, including the 2711-NL1. The Repairs tab below contains further information.
Question: Does the 2711-NL1 come with a warranty?
Answer: Yes, DO Supply offers a one-year DO Supply Warranty on a variety of parts, including the 2711-NL1.
Question: Does the 2711-NL1 support ATA memory cards?
Answer: Yes. A 2711-NL1 Panelview with firmware of 3.0 or higher can support a 4M, 8M, or 16M flash ATA card.
Question: Is the 2711-K5A16L1 a touchscreen input or keypad input terminal?
Answer: The 2711-K5A16L1 has a keypad input.
Repair Services for 2711-K5A16L1
||$1433||Add to Cart |
We can Repair your Panelview 550
We have a team of highly trained technicians that can repair your panelview quickly at a great low price. To get a repair quote call 1-800-730-0292 or email email@example.com. Some of the benefits of our repair process includes:
- Repair Turnaround of 3-5 Days for Most Panelviews
- Rush Repairs of 1-3 Days
- Fast Return of Your Repair via UPS, FedEx, or DHL.
- If the item is not repairable, you can choose to have it returned to you free of charge or it can be counted as an exchange credit toward a refurbished or new unit if available.
- Wide range of repairs that can be completed by our highly skilled technicians as shown below.
- Repair Capabilities:
Auto Verification and Self-Test Failures
ERROR! FEHLER! ERREUR! ERRORE!
- Error 1 STATIC RAM test
- Error 2 Terminal searching for a file to download.
- Error 10 Erase boot flash area.
- Error 11 Copy boot code
- Error 12 Boot code copy successful
- Error 13 Boot code copy failed. Check for error after boot code is copied to the onboard flash EPROM.
- Error 20 Erase firmware from flash EPROM
- Error 21 Copy firmware to firmware flash memory
- Error 22 Firmware copy successful
- Error 23 Firmware copy failed
- Error 24 Performed CRC base firmware check
- Error 25 Firmware not compatible with boot code
- Error 26 Firmware not compatible with hardware
- Error 30 Watchdog test
- Error 31 Stuck key test
- Error 32 Real time clock test
- Error 33 LCD RAM failed
- Error 34 Performed CRC extended firmware check
- Error 40 No executable code to run after boot
- Error 50 Wrong memory card format
- Error 60 CPU could not execute code
We Can Repair Your Hardware failures including:
- Communication Hardware Faults (Ethernet/IP, DH-485, DH+, ControlNet, and RS-232)
- Broken Toushcreen/Keypads
- Broken Glass
- Displays (Dead/Dim/Lines/Missing Pixels)
- Dead Backlights
- Broken Housing/Bezel
- Power Board Failures
Revisions for 2711-K5A16L1
Please refer to the manual for more information about the 2711-K5A16L1 such as the wiring diagrams, data sheets,
firmware information and migration or obsolescence details.
|Revision Part #
||Also Known as
||2711-K5A16L1/A, Series A, Rev A
||2711-K5A16L1/B, Series B, Rev B
||2711-K5A16L1/C, Series C, Rev C
||2711-K5A16L1/D, Series D, Rev D
||2711-K5A16L1/E, Series E, Rev E
||2711-K5A16L1/F, Series F, Rev F
||2711-K5A16L1/G, Series G, Rev G
||2711-K5A16L1/H, Series H, Rev H
||2711-K5A16L1/X, Series X, Rev X
The 2711-K5A16L1 has several firmware revisions: 2711-K5A16L1 FRN 1.02, 2711-K5A16L1 FRN 1.03, 2711-K5A16L1 FRN 1.06, 2711-K5A16L1 FRN 1.07, 2711-K5A16L1 FRN 2.00, 2711-K5A16L1 FRN 2.01, 2711-K5A16L1 FRN 3.00, 2711-K5A16L1 FRN 3.01, 2711-K5A16L1 FRN 3.13, 2711-K5A16L1 FRN 3.14, 2711-K5A16L1 FRN 3.30, 2711-K5A16L1 FRN 3.40, 2711-K5A16L1 FRN 4.00, 2711-K5A16L1 FRN 4.10, 2711-K5A16L1 FRN 4.20, 2711-K5A16L1 FRN 4.41, 2711-K5A16L1 FRN 4.46, and 2711-K5A16L1 FRN 4.48