Allen Bradley’s 2711-K5A1L1 Panelview is an obsolete operator interface terminal (or HMI- Human Machine Interface) that provides a machine user with a means to input relevant data and commands. One of the features that the 2711-K5A1L1 contains is a real-time clock that is backed by batteries and that will timestamp all of the user’s crucial data. Its extensive language support of up to 46 different languages and its vivid blue LCD display screen are both important features for simplified information input. The screen is 5.5 inches across diagonally and is a monochrome display, lit up by a replaceable LED backlight with an average lifespan around 100,000 hours. The user may input information into this system with its stainless-steel domed membrane numeric keypad and its function keys ranging from F1, all the way up to F10.
The 2711-K5A1L1 is commonly used with the series A through H, and can function with any firmware revision from 1.00 up to 4.48. It does, however, requires a firmware of at least 3.0 or preferably higher in order to support an ATA flash card. Its primarily installed software is PanelBuilder 32 software, which operates best on a Microsoft Windows platform. It has several ports, one of which is a Remote Input/Output (I/O) communication port; this port supports block data transfer as well as discrete data transfer. The 2711-K5A1L1 also contains an RS-232 printer port, which does require a 2711-NC13 communication cable or cables. Its input power can range anywhere from 18 to 30 Volts of DC power, consuming around 18 Watts at maximum (0.75 Amps at 24 Volts DC). Its memory consists of 170 kilobytes of application runtime memory with an additional 240 kilobytes of Flash memory (for bitmaps, text, and application objects). The 2711-K5A1L1 is rated for a number of enclosures, include NEMA type 12, 13, and 4X.
FAQ for 2711-K5A1L1
Question: Does the 2711-K5A1L1 support any memory cards?
Answer: Yes, the 2711-K5A1L1 supports 4M, 8M, and 16M flash ATA cards, as long as a firmware of 3.0 or higher is being used.
Question: What are all of the 2711-K5A1L1 Panelview’s enclosure ratings?
Answer: The 2711-K5A1L1 has, in total, five separate enclosure ratings: NEMA types 4X for indoor use, 12, and 13, as well as IP54 and IP65.
Question: Can the 2711-K5A1L1 be sent back for repairs?
Answer: DO Supply offers limited repair services: see the “Repairs” tab below for further details.
Question: What software does the 2711-K5A1L1 use?
Answer: The 2711-K5A1L1 uses PanelBuilder 32 software.
Question: Does DO Supply offer a warranty?
Answer: Yes, the 2711-K5A1L1 comes with a one-year DO Supply Warranty.
Question: Does the 2711-K5A1L1 use a keypad input or a touchscreen input?
Answer: The 2711-K5A1L1 has a keypad-only input system. Its keypad input consists of a numeric keypad as well as F1-F10 keys.
Question: Can this unit’s backlight be replaced?
Answer: Yes, a replacement backlight can be ordered with the part number 2711-NL1.
Repair Services for 2711-K5A1L1
||$939||Add to Cart |
We can Repair your Panelview 550
We have a team of highly trained technicians that can repair your panelview quickly at a great low price. To get a repair quote call 1-800-730-0292 or email [email protected]. Some of the benefits of our repair process includes:
- Repair Turnaround of 3-5 Days for Most Panelviews
- Rush Repairs of 1-3 Days
- Fast Return of Your Repair via UPS, FedEx, or DHL.
- If the item is not repairable, you can choose to have it returned to you free of charge or it can be counted as an exchange credit toward a refurbished or new unit if available.
- Wide range of repairs that can be completed by our highly skilled technicians as shown below.
- Repair Capabilities:
Auto Verification and Self-Test Failures
ERROR! FEHLER! ERREUR! ERRORE!
- Error 1 STATIC RAM test
- Error 2 Terminal searching for a file to download.
- Error 10 Erase boot flash area.
- Error 11 Copy boot code
- Error 12 Boot code copy successful
- Error 13 Boot code copy failed. Check for error after boot code is copied to the onboard flash EPROM.
- Error 20 Erase firmware from flash EPROM
- Error 21 Copy firmware to firmware flash memory
- Error 22 Firmware copy successful
- Error 23 Firmware copy failed
- Error 24 Performed CRC base firmware check
- Error 25 Firmware not compatible with boot code
- Error 26 Firmware not compatible with hardware
- Error 30 Watchdog test
- Error 31 Stuck key test
- Error 32 Real time clock test
- Error 33 LCD RAM failed
- Error 34 Performed CRC extended firmware check
- Error 40 No executable code to run after boot
- Error 50 Wrong memory card format
- Error 60 CPU could not execute code
We Can Repair Your Hardware failures including:
- Communication Hardware Faults (Ethernet/IP, DH-485, DH+, ControlNet, and RS-232)
- Broken Toushcreen/Keypads
- Broken Glass
- Displays (Dead/Dim/Lines/Missing Pixels)
- Dead Backlights
- Broken Housing/Bezel
- Power Board Failures
Revisions for 2711-K5A1L1
Please refer to the manual for more information about the 2711-K5A1L1 such as the wiring diagrams, data sheets,
firmware information and migration or obsolescence details.
|Revision Part #
||Also Known as
||2711-K5A1L1/A, Series A, Rev A
||2711-K5A1L1/B, Series B, Rev B
||2711-K5A1L1/C, Series C, Rev C
||2711-K5A1L1/D, Series D, Rev D
||2711-K5A1L1/E, Series E, Rev E
||2711-K5A1L1/F, Series F, Rev F
||2711-K5A1L1/G, Series G, Rev G
||2711-K5A1L1/H, Series H, Rev H
||2711-K5A1L1/X, Series X, Rev X
The 2711-K5A1L1 has several firmware revisions: 2711-K5A1L1 FRN 1.02, 2711-K5A1L1 FRN 1.03, 2711-K5A1L1 FRN 1.06, 2711-K5A1L1 FRN 1.07, 2711-K5A1L1 FRN 2.00, 2711-K5A1L1 FRN 2.01, 2711-K5A1L1 FRN 3.00, 2711-K5A1L1 FRN 3.01, 2711-K5A1L1 FRN 3.13, 2711-K5A1L1 FRN 3.14, 2711-K5A1L1 FRN 3.30, 2711-K5A1L1 FRN 3.40, 2711-K5A1L1 FRN 4.00, 2711-K5A1L1 FRN 4.10, 2711-K5A1L1 FRN 4.20, 2711-K5A1L1 FRN 4.41, 2711-K5A1L1 FRN 4.46, and 2711-K5A1L1 FRN 4.48