The 2711-K5A2 is an Allen-Bradley PanelView 550 terminal. The obsolete Allen-Bradley PanelView 550 2711-K5A2 is an operator terminal that allows the user to interface with other machines. This PanelView device has a 5.5 in. monochrome LCD blue mode screen. The 2711-K5A2 allows the user to connect to other devices by using the PanelBuilder 32 software and the DH-485 communication port with 1 or more 1747-C10 communication cables. The user is able to control the unit by using the 10-key keypad (with function keys labeled from F1 to F10) to input information and commands.
The Allen-Bradley 2711-K5A2’s features include a nameplate label for displaying product information, a green COMM indicator light to show when the terminal is communicating, a red FAULT indicator light that shows if something is wrong with the terminal’s hardware or firmware, and an access cover that gives users access to the replaceable backlight. Its DH-485 communication port can connect to SLC and MicroLogix controllers, a DH-485 network, or to a Wallmount Power Supply. The 2711-K5A2 terminal is powered using 120 Volts of AC power. This unit has the following internal memory: 170 KB of application runtime memory and 240 KB of nonvolatile memory. This unit has an internal backlight replacement part number of 2711-NL1. The approximate shipping weight and dimensions of the terminal are 6 pounds and 14 x 11 x 8 inches, respectively. The most common series that the 2711-K5A2 comes in includes Series A, B, C, D, E, F, G, and H and the most common firmware that it uses includes versions 1.00 to 4.48.
FAQ for 2711-K5A2
Question: Can I use an ATA memory card with the 2711-K5A2?
Answer: Yes, 2711-K5A2 supports ATA memory cards.
Question: What type of memory does the 2711-K5A2 have?
Answer: The 2711-K5A2 has 240 KB of nonvolatile memory and 170 KB of RAM.
Question: What is the backlight life for the 2711-K5A2?
Answer: The 2711-K5A2 backlight life is 100,000 hours. The backlight replacement part number is 2711-NL1.
Question: Does 2711-K5A2 have a real-time clock
Answer: Yes, the 2711-K5A2 has a battery-backed real-time clock that will timestamp critical data.
Question: What firmware versions does the 2711-K5A2 use?
Answer: The 2711-K5A2 uses firmware versions 1.00-4.48.
Question: What is the price of a 2711-K5A2 PanelView 550 Terminal?
Answer: Submit a quote request, send us an email, or call 800-730-0292 for our best price.
Repair Services for 2711-K5A2
||$890||Add to Cart |
We can Repair your Panelview 550
We have a team of highly trained technicians that can repair your panelview quickly at a great low price. To get a repair quote call 1-800-730-0292 or email [email protected]. Some of the benefits of our repair process includes:
- Repair Turnaround of 3-5 Days for Most Panelviews
- Rush Repairs of 1-3 Days
- Fast Return of Your Repair via UPS, FedEx, or DHL.
- If the item is not repairable, you can choose to have it returned to you free of charge or it can be counted as an exchange credit toward a refurbished or new unit if available.
- Wide range of repairs that can be completed by our highly skilled technicians as shown below.
- Repair Capabilities:
Auto Verification and Self-Test Failures
ERROR! FEHLER! ERREUR! ERRORE!
- Error 1 STATIC RAM test
- Error 2 Terminal searching for a file to download.
- Error 10 Erase boot flash area.
- Error 11 Copy boot code
- Error 12 Boot code copy successful
- Error 13 Boot code copy failed. Check for error after boot code is copied to the onboard flash EPROM.
- Error 20 Erase firmware from flash EPROM
- Error 21 Copy firmware to firmware flash memory
- Error 22 Firmware copy successful
- Error 23 Firmware copy failed
- Error 24 Performed CRC base firmware check
- Error 25 Firmware not compatible with boot code
- Error 26 Firmware not compatible with hardware
- Error 30 Watchdog test
- Error 31 Stuck key test
- Error 32 Real time clock test
- Error 33 LCD RAM failed
- Error 34 Performed CRC extended firmware check
- Error 40 No executable code to run after boot
- Error 50 Wrong memory card format
- Error 60 CPU could not execute code
We Can Repair Your Hardware failures including:
- Communication Hardware Faults (Ethernet/IP, DH-485, DH+, ControlNet, and RS-232)
- Broken Toushcreen/Keypads
- Broken Glass
- Displays (Dead/Dim/Lines/Missing Pixels)
- Dead Backlights
- Broken Housing/Bezel
- Power Board Failures
Revisions for 2711-K5A2
Please refer to the manual for more information about the 2711-K5A2 such as the wiring diagrams, data sheets,
firmware information and migration or obsolescence details.
|Revision Part #
||Also Known as
||2711-K5A2/A, Series A, Rev A
||2711-K5A2/B, Series B, Rev B
||2711-K5A2/C, Series C, Rev C
||2711-K5A2/D, Series D, Rev D
||2711-K5A2/E, Series E, Rev E
||2711-K5A2/F, Series F, Rev F
||2711-K5A2/G, Series G, Rev G
||2711-K5A2/H, Series H, Rev H
||2711-K5A2/X, Series X, Rev X
The 2711-K5A2 has several firmware revisions: 2711-K5A2 FRN 1.02, 2711-K5A2 FRN 1.03, 2711-K5A2 FRN 1.06, 2711-K5A2 FRN 1.07, 2711-K5A2 FRN 2.00, 2711-K5A2 FRN 2.01, 2711-K5A2 FRN 3.00, 2711-K5A2 FRN 3.01, 2711-K5A2 FRN 3.13, 2711-K5A2 FRN 3.14, 2711-K5A2 FRN 3.30, 2711-K5A2 FRN 3.40, 2711-K5A2 FRN 4.00, 2711-K5A2 FRN 4.10, 2711-K5A2 FRN 4.20, 2711-K5A2 FRN 4.41, 2711-K5A2 FRN 4.46, and 2711-K5A2 FRN 4.48
Reviews for 2711-K5A2
Input Method: Keypad Only
"This Panelview 550 only comes with the keypad. " -DO Supply Tech