The Allen-Bradley 2711-K5A8 module is a common keypad module made for use with the monochromatic display panels produced by Allen-Bradley. The 2711-K5A8 is included as a part in the Allen-Bradley PanelView Standard 550 Terminals series. Its DH+ communication option makes it a unique and popular keypad for standard panel use and for applications that require SLC and PLC interfacing. This DH+ communication capability distinguishes the 2711-K5A8 from other keypad options available in the Allen-Bradley Panelview 550 standard series. The RS-232 printer port provides good output capabilities to the system. The 2711-K5A8 keypad offers functional control through 10 keys. Numeric keys and navigation keys are also available beside the function keys. A touchpad variation version is also available and indicated by the characters “L1” at the end of the 2711-K5A8 catalog number (2711-K5A8L1). It should be noted that touch keypad utilizes a DC power system rated at 24 Volts DC whereas standard keypad is equipped with an AC power system.
For the users who wish to use a different bezel than the standard model, a stainless steel rim upgrade option is also available. The 2711-K5A8 keypad module which comes with this type of bezel has “L2” at the end of the catalog number (2711-K5A8L2). Another upgrade option is to a stainless steel bezel with a DC power supply which is represented through “L3” at the end of the catalog number (2711-K5A8L3). The 2711-K5A8 keypad has a display size of 5.5 inches and 240 KB/170 KB of RAM to execute the automation commands. The keypad can be removed from Allen-Bradley PanelView Standard 550 terminals according to troubleshooting requirements which may require the replacement or repair of the 2711-K5A8 keypad module. The most common 2711-K5A8 series are Series A, B, C, D, E, F, G, and H and the most common firmware ranges from 1.00 to 4.48.
FAQ for 2711-K5A8
Question: Which communication ports are built into the 2711-K5A8 PanelView 550 Terminal?
Answer: The 2711-K5A8 PanelView 550 Terminal has a DH+ communication port.
Question: What is the price of the 2711-K5A8 PanelView 550 Terminal?
Answer: Submit a quote, send us an email, or call 800-730-0292 for our best price.
Question: Does DO Supply offer repair services for the 2711-K5A8 PanelView 550 Terminal?
Answer: DO Supply offers a variety of repair services for Allen-Bradley products, such as the 2711-K5A8 PanelView 550 Terminal. See the Repairs tab for more information.
Repair Services for 2711-K5A8
||$946||Add to Cart |
We can Repair your Panelview 550
We have a team of highly trained technicians that can repair your panelview quickly at a great low price. To get a repair quote call 1-800-730-0292 or email [email protected]. Some of the benefits of our repair process includes:
- Repair Turnaround of 3-5 Days for Most Panelviews
- Rush Repairs of 1-3 Days
- Fast Return of Your Repair via UPS, FedEx, or DHL.
- If the item is not repairable, you can choose to have it returned to you free of charge or it can be counted as an exchange credit toward a refurbished or new unit if available.
- Wide range of repairs that can be completed by our highly skilled technicians as shown below.
- Repair Capabilities:
Auto Verification and Self-Test Failures
ERROR! FEHLER! ERREUR! ERRORE!
- Error 1 STATIC RAM test
- Error 2 Terminal searching for a file to download.
- Error 10 Erase boot flash area.
- Error 11 Copy boot code
- Error 12 Boot code copy successful
- Error 13 Boot code copy failed. Check for error after boot code is copied to the onboard flash EPROM.
- Error 20 Erase firmware from flash EPROM
- Error 21 Copy firmware to firmware flash memory
- Error 22 Firmware copy successful
- Error 23 Firmware copy failed
- Error 24 Performed CRC base firmware check
- Error 25 Firmware not compatible with boot code
- Error 26 Firmware not compatible with hardware
- Error 30 Watchdog test
- Error 31 Stuck key test
- Error 32 Real time clock test
- Error 33 LCD RAM failed
- Error 34 Performed CRC extended firmware check
- Error 40 No executable code to run after boot
- Error 50 Wrong memory card format
- Error 60 CPU could not execute code
We Can Repair Your Hardware failures including:
- Communication Hardware Faults (Ethernet/IP, DH-485, DH+, ControlNet, and RS-232)
- Broken Toushcreen/Keypads
- Broken Glass
- Displays (Dead/Dim/Lines/Missing Pixels)
- Dead Backlights
- Broken Housing/Bezel
- Power Board Failures
Revisions for 2711-K5A8
Please refer to the manual for more information about the 2711-K5A8 such as the wiring diagrams, data sheets,
firmware information and migration or obsolescence details.
|Revision Part #
||Also Known as
||2711-K5A8/A, Series A, Rev A
||2711-K5A8/B, Series B, Rev B
||2711-K5A8/C, Series C, Rev C
||2711-K5A8/D, Series D, Rev D
||2711-K5A8/E, Series E, Rev E
||2711-K5A8/F, Series F, Rev F
||2711-K5A8/G, Series G, Rev G
||2711-K5A8/H, Series H, Rev H
||2711-K5A8/X, Series X, Rev X
The 2711-K5A8 has several firmware revisions: 2711-K5A8 FRN 1.02, 2711-K5A8 FRN 1.03, 2711-K5A8 FRN 1.06, 2711-K5A8 FRN 1.07, 2711-K5A8 FRN 2.00, 2711-K5A8 FRN 2.01, 2711-K5A8 FRN 3.00, 2711-K5A8 FRN 3.01, 2711-K5A8 FRN 3.13, 2711-K5A8 FRN 3.14, 2711-K5A8 FRN 3.30, 2711-K5A8 FRN 3.40, 2711-K5A8 FRN 4.00, 2711-K5A8 FRN 4.10, 2711-K5A8 FRN 4.20, 2711-K5A8 FRN 4.41, 2711-K5A8 FRN 4.46, and 2711-K5A8 FRN 4.48