The 2711-K5A9 module is a PanelView 550 Series operator interface module manufactured by Allen-Bradley. It features a 5.5-inch monochrome blue display and it has a stainless-steel domed membrane keypad featuring 4 navigation keys, 10 function keys (F1 to F10), and several numeric keys. The communication options on this human-machine interface are an RS-232 (DH-485 protocol) communication port and an RS-232 printer port. The 2711-K5A9 module has a 170-kilobyte application runtime memory and a 240-kilobyte non-volatile memory. Its input voltage rating is 85 to 264 Volts AC at 47 to 63 Hertz and its maximum power consumption is 45 VA. The dimensions of this module are 6.57 x 10.47 x 4.17 inches (H x W x D) and it weighs 2 kilograms.
A battery-backed clock provides timestamps critical data on the 2711-K5A9 PanelView operator interface module. Communication and fault status indicators are also incorporated into this unit and this unit offers advanced alarm handling as well as screen security. The online printing feature provides a more intuitive operator control process and custom legends may be used on the function keys of this operator interface to label application-specific commands. It also has ATA memory support. Point-to-point DH485 communication can be achieved with the 2711-K5A9 operator interface module when a connection is established between its communication port and the Channel 0 port of an SLC 5/03, SLC 5/04, or SLC 5/05 controller. It is also compatible with MicroLogix controllers and the PanelBuilder32 configuration software can be used to transfer applications to the 2711-K5A9 via a Windows PC.
FAQ for 2711-K5A9
Question: Does the 2711-K5A9 PanelView 550 Monochrome Terminal have any built-in communication ports?
Answer: Yes, the 2711-K5A9 PanelView 550 Monochrome Terminal has an RS-232 (DH-485) built-in communication port.
Question: What is the operator input type for the 2711-K5A9 terminal?
Answer: The 2711-K5A9 PanelView 550 Monochrome Terminal has a keypad operator input.
Question: What is the price of a 2711-K5A9 PanelView 550 Monochrome Terminal?
Answer: Submit a quote request, send us an email, or call 800-730-0292 for our best price.
Question: Does DO Supply offer repair services for the 2711-K5A9 PanelView 550 Monochrome Terminal?
Answer: Yes, DO Supply offers repair services for a variety of Allen-Bradley products, such as the 2711-K5A9. For more information or to request a repair quote, please click here to find out more.
Repair Services for 2711-K5A9
||$990||Add to Cart |
We can Repair your Panelview 550
We have a team of highly trained technicians that can repair your panelview quickly at a great low price. To get a repair quote call 1-800-730-0292 or email [email protected]. Some of the benefits of our repair process includes:
- Repair Turnaround of 3-5 Days for Most Panelviews
- Rush Repairs of 1-3 Days
- Fast Return of Your Repair via UPS, FedEx, or DHL.
- If the item is not repairable, you can choose to have it returned to you free of charge or it can be counted as an exchange credit toward a refurbished or new unit if available.
- Wide range of repairs that can be completed by our highly skilled technicians as shown below.
- Repair Capabilities:
Auto Verification and Self-Test Failures
ERROR! FEHLER! ERREUR! ERRORE!
- Error 1 STATIC RAM test
- Error 2 Terminal searching for a file to download.
- Error 10 Erase boot flash area.
- Error 11 Copy boot code
- Error 12 Boot code copy successful
- Error 13 Boot code copy failed. Check for error after boot code is copied to the onboard flash EPROM.
- Error 20 Erase firmware from flash EPROM
- Error 21 Copy firmware to firmware flash memory
- Error 22 Firmware copy successful
- Error 23 Firmware copy failed
- Error 24 Performed CRC base firmware check
- Error 25 Firmware not compatible with boot code
- Error 26 Firmware not compatible with hardware
- Error 30 Watchdog test
- Error 31 Stuck key test
- Error 32 Real time clock test
- Error 33 LCD RAM failed
- Error 34 Performed CRC extended firmware check
- Error 40 No executable code to run after boot
- Error 50 Wrong memory card format
- Error 60 CPU could not execute code
We Can Repair Your Hardware failures including:
- Communication Hardware Faults (Ethernet/IP, DH-485, DH+, ControlNet, and RS-232)
- Broken Toushcreen/Keypads
- Broken Glass
- Displays (Dead/Dim/Lines/Missing Pixels)
- Dead Backlights
- Broken Housing/Bezel
- Power Board Failures
Revisions for 2711-K5A9
Please refer to the manual for more information about the 2711-K5A9 such as the wiring diagrams, data sheets,
firmware information and migration or obsolescence details.
|Revision Part #
||Also Known as
||2711-K5A9/A, Series A, Rev A
||2711-K5A9/B, Series B, Rev B
||2711-K5A9/C, Series C, Rev C
||2711-K5A9/D, Series D, Rev D
||2711-K5A9/E, Series E, Rev E
||2711-K5A9/F, Series F, Rev F
||2711-K5A9/G, Series G, Rev G
||2711-K5A9/H, Series H, Rev H
||2711-K5A9/X, Series X, Rev X
The 2711-K5A9 has several firmware revisions: 2711-K5A9 FRN 1.02, 2711-K5A9 FRN 1.03, 2711-K5A9 FRN 1.06, 2711-K5A9 FRN 1.07, 2711-K5A9 FRN 2.00, 2711-K5A9 FRN 2.01, 2711-K5A9 FRN 3.00, 2711-K5A9 FRN 3.01, 2711-K5A9 FRN 3.13, 2711-K5A9 FRN 3.14, 2711-K5A9 FRN 3.30, 2711-K5A9 FRN 3.40, 2711-K5A9 FRN 4.00, 2711-K5A9 FRN 4.10, 2711-K5A9 FRN 4.20, 2711-K5A9 FRN 4.41, 2711-K5A9 FRN 4.46, and 2711-K5A9 FRN 4.48
Reviews for 2711-K5A9
Input Method: Keypad Only
"The AB Panelview 550 only allows the user to control the unit using the Keypad Interface. " -DO Supply Tech